The Website Design Process
So, you have decided you need a website. Whether for your business or personal needs I can help you design a website that accomplishes what you are looking for. Below is a step-by-step outline of the entire process. I will work with you every step of the way and am more than happy to answer any questions or help in any way that I can. Should you have any questions not outlined in the article please contact me.
Starting Your Site
- Domain Name – If you have not already purchased a Domain Nameto use for your site, one will need to be purchased. I recommend purchasing it through GoDaddy as they are very reasonably priced. If you desire, the price of the domain name can be budgeted into your estimate and I will take care of purchasing it and setting it up for you.
- Hosting – You will need to determine where you wish to host your site once it has been completed. For technical reasons this will need to be decided before the actual building (step 6) of the site can begin. I do offer hosting services, if you are interested.
- Content – In order to begin your site, I will need as much information from you as possible. You will need to provide the content (text) of your site along with any photos or other images you wish to use. Stock photos can be purchased for use on your site if necessary at an additional fee. If you have a logo already you wish to incorporate into your site, please include that as well. All of the information can be sent via email.
- Payment – I require a down payment of half before beginning your site and the rest to be paid upon site completion.
- Design – Once I have all of your information, I will begin designing your site. After I come up with the initial design I will provide a .pdf copy for you to approve.
- Building – Once you agree on the site layout, look and feel, I will begin building your website using your content.
- Completion – Once the initial site has been completed you will have a chance to review it. If any changes are needed those will be made and you will have another chance to review it. Once you are satisfied with the site and the final payment has been received your site will ‘go live’ for everyone to see.
After Site Completion
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – The pages of your site will be optimized during the building process using your chosen keywords. This will help search engines find your site’s content. Your site will also be submitted to the top 3 search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing/MSN). Once submitted it takes anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months for your site to be ‘ranked’ within the search engines and begin showing up.
- Advanced SEO – The best way to get your site ranked higher in the Search Engines is by getting incoming links to your site from other well-known, related sites. Link Exchanging, writing articles, blogs, discussions, etc on other websites is a great way to build links to your site. If you desire, your site will include a ‘Links’ page which you can use to exchange links with other sites. If you wish to purchase additional SEO please contact me.
- Google Places – If your website targets local customers, I highly recommend signing up for a Google Account and adding your information to Google Places. This will be the best way for your information to show up in searches for your keywords and local area.
To Sign Up:
- Go to http://www.google.com/
- Click on Business Solutions
- Click on Google Places
- Click the Sign Up Now button
- Follow the Google Pages to sign up and add your business
- Site Updates – Should you need updates to your site at any time please contact me.